Skip to main content

Weekends

I have been using some vacation time and such the last few weeks to stay home on the weekends to help out with the kids and whatnot.  I gotta say, it has been pretty nice.  The Sunday after Thanksgiving we went out to Hess Tree Farm.  We got a perfect little tree to put on a small table in the office area.   Here is a video of us decorating it!  It is amazing the things you can do while holding a baby!
It smells so good in the front room now.  The twins love looking at the lights on the tree.

I think I have everyone's Christmas gift taken care of.  Looking forward to everyone opening their gifts now.

Lots of things coming up as well.  December 15th is a big day.  I graduate!  Time to start applying more for other jobs!  Darlene is also going in for her hernia surgery that day.  Hopefully that goes well.  She won't be able to lift the kids for 6 weeks.  That is going to be interesting.....  Going to be needing lots of help from family and friends that is for sure.

It won't be Christmas without a little bit more snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming soon.....

The twins are coming soon!  As of right now Ju ly 15th is going to be their birthday.  We have scheduled the C-section.  Darlene is still really hoping that they will get head down and that she can experience labor.  She is a little bummed about the idea of a "scheduled" delivery.  I think it is just that part of us that wants to be able to tell out kids and others the story.  (So we were sitting around watching tv or at 3am I woke up and my water had broke so I told Jason to get ready and he stubbed his toe.... something like that I assume.)  I had read that sometimes when you play babies music in the womb is makes them move around and they end up with their head down.  So we have making play lists and Darlene has been laying down with headphones on her belly.  The twins tend to move quite a bit!  The other night one of them punched or kicked so hard the remote flew away!  It was amazing!  The twins actually have moved a little bit.  They are still transverse and the quar

Ahead of Time

So due to some staffing issues the twins will be here no later than July 14th now.  Apparently the doctors schedules were off so now it is all figured out. A c-section is surgery.  I don't think that many people realize that fact.  It can be serious.  I know Darlene is pretty nervous.  I get nervous also.  Since we have been together I have seen her go through 4 surgical procedures.  It doesn't get easier at all.  This time she will be awake, but I will be there right next to her.  I hope that I can keep her comforted with all of the stuff going on.  And of course we will be meeting our twins for the first time. I am excited to just spend time with them and bond.  Looking forward to see what features they got from which parent.  Very nervous but excited at the same time.  I will have the camera there with us and documenting things as they happen.  I just pray that everything goes well and Darlene and the babies are healthy.  Like I mentioned before, this is serious. I am s

There is a first time for everything!

We have been trying to start our family even before we were married in June.  We knew it would take some time, but even now we have no idea when that will happen!  Darlene has being going through a few treatments to help our chances at getting pregnant.  It is very exciting and very scary all at the same time. Because of us wanting to expand our family and because our home desperately needs it, we will be doing some more home renovations soon.  Before Darlene moved in I had redone the bedroom off of the living room.  Ripped everything out and put in all new electrical, insulation and even upgraded by running some cable TV and internet lines.  It has made a huge difference.  When it was Alyssa's room there was ice in the corner during the winter.  Now we roast in there! We plan on doing the same thing to the other bedroom now.  Prepping it to hopefully be our nursery. Then comes the bathroom.  That is a whole other story in itself! So...  Stay tuned for future updates!